- Two recommendation letters are required to be submitted.
- One recommendation letter must come from an applicant’s current supervisor. Applicants must provide an explanation in the online application if they are not able to do so.
- The second letter of recommendation may come from someone who knows an applicant professionally and/or personally.
- Recommendation letters should come from individuals who can objectively assess potential for success in the Stern at NYUAD One-year Full-time MBA program and in future career.
- Submitting more than two recommendation letters is not encouraged but is allowed. Applicants should carefully consider whether additional recommendations add significant value and a new, unique perspective to your application.
Your recommenders will be asked to provide an answer to these questions:
- How long have you known the applicant and in what capacity? Please provide a brief description of your interaction with the applicant and, if applicable, the applicant’s role in your organization.
- What are the applicant’s principal strengths? If applicable, how does the applicant’s performance compare to that of other well-qualified individuals in similar roles? Please provide specific examples.
- IQ+EQ is a core value of Stern at NYUAD, and we seek exceptional individuals who possess both intellectual and interpersonal strengths. Emotional intelligence (EQ) skills such as self-awareness, empathy, communication and self-management are at the core of our community of leaders. Please provide one specific and compelling example to demonstrate the applicant’s emotional intelligence.
- What observations do you have of the character and integrity of the applicant?
- What is the most important piece of constructive feedback you have given the applicant? Please detail the circumstances and the applicant’s response.
Once you have entered the contact information for your recommenders in the online application and click the “Send to Recommender” button, your recommenders will be contacted automatically with submission instructions via email. We strongly encourage you to alert your recommendation providers to this in advance.
Recommendations should be written in English, preferably on institutional letterhead, and should include the recommender’s signature.
If your recommender cannot submit an online recommendation, you must email firstname.lastname@example.org to explain the circumstances and request approval for your recommender to submit a paper endorsement.
If your recommender cannot complete their recommendation in English, they will need to follow the instructions above and have the recommendation translated into English through a certified English translation service. Upon submitting the recommendation, your recommender must include the original letter and the translated copy. Applications that only include the translated copy are considered incomplete. Recommenders can upload these documents directly to the application as a single PDF via the link provided. Recommendations can only be accepted directly from the recommender.